The Dove of St. Andrew’s

Click image for larger view

St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church was established in Fort Worth on March 17, 1875, becoming a parish in 1878. The present stone church, “Erected to the glory of God, and as a place of worship for His people,” held its opening service May 12, 1912. Through many years St. Andrew’s has continued to preserve a Christ-centered foundation, ministering in Fort Worth and globally.

“The Dove of St. Andrew’s” is a mourning dove that has nested in the south portico for the past several years. Having withstood numerous damaged nests, she has returned time and again to patiently rebuild and remain.

18 x 24
Oil on Canvas